Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday

A typical Ocean Beach Sunday morning. It's sunny and warm. From my balcony I can see the deep blue of the ocean. I hear birds chirping in the trees. Kinda the way my weekend has been thus far. Friday night I went out with Mr. Beau and had a blast. We went to Dave and Busters and played games! I beat him at the shoot 'em up games (he'd probably complain the sights were off *grin*) but he kicked my sorry white-boy butt in basketball. Unfortunately the pool tables were not available so we couldn't go for the tie breaker. We thought about eating there but when they announced a 90 minute wait we bolted for The Vine which was terribly crowded but they were able to seat us immediately. We then came back to my place where I popped open the champagne he had sent me at work and spent a nice couple of hours together (but I did NOT share the chocolate... It's MINE! hehehehe).

Yesterday my friend Elbert and I went wine tasting in Temecula. I'll do the analysis for you in another post, but for now I can say that there are a few that are showing potential (a quick note... the overall winner in my opinion was Alex's Red Barn Wine. One of the few places outside of Brander that had me liking white wines).

So today is back to "real life"... or at least the maintenance mode of real life. Gotta mow the yard, iron, do some light dusting and then relax.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Thank you for taking me to the "VINE", their burger is the best I've ever had.
Thank you for thinking about me!
UKM

Anonymous said...

You did good on shooting! I was impressed. Whenever we have a chance then we will play pool.
MR Beau

Mike Pape said...

Flatterer (but don't stop) :-)