Monday, October 01, 2007

Some Weekends Are Just Better Than Others

It's Monday and back to work. Kinda hard as I had a really nice weekend. It started Friday evening when I went with my friend Vince to a lovely newish restaurant in San Diego, Cafe Chloe. Great food! We had their cheese plate, oops, plat de fromage, and I had rabbit for the main course. We paired dinner with a Pouilly-Fuissé (a white medium-bodied Burgundy) and it was excellent. I highly recommend it (both the wine and the restaurant).

Saturday I spent a huge chunk of time with Mr. Beau. One of the last real gentlemen in San Diego. We've gone out a few times and every time I have been made to feel quite special. We had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. I think we're both hooked on the Hefe Weizen. After eating and talking we walked around the Gaslamp area and I took him to Cesar's Cigar Bar where my gentleman friend purchased two very nice cigars and we spent some time in the outdoor area where I taught him the finer points of how to handle a well-made cigar.

Sunday I had breakfast with Aleks (it was nice but a little distant... I still miss him), did a little cleaning, and then went to The Third Corner where I spent time with a couple of other "cork dorks" sampling a couple styles of Mourvèdre. I've decided to work on my certified sommelier award so I need a lot of practice (now if THAT isn't an excuse to drink wine I don't know what is). I found the 2005 Holly's Hill quite a nice little wine.

I wound up with maître blanc napping on the couch with the fourth disk of Heroes playing. About 11pm he work me up for his end of the evening kibble and I waddled upstairs and into bed.

Exciting? For the most part no. One of my better weekends? Absolutely!

No comments: