Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Comforting Angels

People talk a lot about guardian angels. I am lucky to have two special angels in my life right now. Given all the problems happening in my family it would be hard to carry on with my day-to-day work. I don't sleep well, my mind is filled with worry but I honestly believe that these two are in my life for a reason.

First I have Romeo. OK, go ahead and laugh, but Romeo just appeared in my life when I was going through some rough times and now, over nine years later he's still here. When I first heard about my father Romeo seemed to go into a comforting mode... when I am here by myself he hops up into bed and curls up near my pillow. When I am laying down he always comes and lays next to me. He follows me around and is always watching out for me (ok, sometimes it is because he wants food but not ALL the time). Just having someone in the house makes it much easier to come home these days.

The other is my beau. I needed someone in my life with a big heart and now I have someone who has chosen to be with me regardless of my faults and frailties. He always lets me know he loves me and cares for me but more importantly he backs up his words with his actions. Even though we don't live together he tells me every morning he loves me and every night he lets me know that he is there.

So, there you go. For all the crap that is happening, God makes his presence known through my two angels. I don't know how I would cope without them.

No comments: