Friday, January 27, 2006

Today has been a good day

Ah, a nice day today. Got up early to check the status of a system that was acting up and experienced some serious changes last night to find that the group had met their SLA for the first time in three weeks. Went to the gym, had a good workout, came home with a nice little post-workout buzz. My friend Chris (and ignore his top 10 movie list, he's recently been to Amsterdam for goodness sake) had sent out several various of the film "Brokeback Mountain" ranging from the disgusting to the hilarious (like this one. Met my friend Andrew for lunch at Callahan's, spent the afternoon closing tickets and running performance reports. Got home and found my partner there and we talked about going to see the Nomadic Museum (great pix of the exhibit here) in Santa Monica. Just before he went out to a coworker's going away party he asked me about my on-call schedule and I told him it didn't start until Monday. He looked at me funny and said "So you could have gone to the opera this weekend." I looked back at him even more funny. He then said "Well, I guess I can give you your birthday present now" and produced two tickets for the upcoming Barber of Saville the week after next! Awesome seats at the opera with my sweetie. What a great way to end the day.

No comments: