Saturday, November 10, 2007

Renfaire

Last Saturday Mr. Beau and I went to what is affectionately known as Fall Escondido. For some of you who read this blog these pictures may be too nerdy, but for the rest of you just relax and enjoy the show.

The faire had been moved back a week due to the fires. When Mr. Beau and I arrived there are a good crowd who had gathered to see men in tights and ladies in dresses running around acting as if they had come from another era (me, I go for the food and the shopping and a few of the shows). After a quick surveillance of the merchant stalls (and my purchase of a leather wrist band) Mr. Beau and I hit the beer tent, then back out again to look around. Soon we were greeted by a "walking billboard" for an act called "The Bawdy Juggler":



As the stage was near the beer tent we decided we would go back and await the arrival of my friend Sarah (you can find a link to her Livejournal site on the right of the main page):



The juggler was pretty good and his schtick was fun. Not terribly bawdy but just enough without being gross:



Next up was a great musical act, The Merry Wives of Windsor. Very talented young ladies, if you get the chance and you like folk and Celtic music you should give them a listening to:



Of course, the big show is court. When I was "doing faire" I was a member... first as household and then as Dr. Dee, the Queen's advisor. Court at Escondido is done by St. Elizabeth's Guild. Here's a quick shot of court during the Queen's prayer for the people of Escondido after the fires



After court it was more wandering and shopping. What else did I buy? Well, with some prompting from Sarah and Mr. Beau here is what I wound up looking like:

I didn't select a hat but the coat did come home with me.

Hard to believe that THIS was a date. He didn't run off screaming... that's definitely a good sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart,
Nice pix, you look very good on that picture.
Bo