Monday, November 26, 2007

Not Even Tempting

You know, I thought the days of the crude phishing scheme were over. Boy was I wrong. Today I got the following email:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salam alaikum,

I am pleased to introduce a business opportunity to transfer to your overseas account the sum of($8.4USD) United States Dollars from one of the Prime Banks here in Dakar Senegal.

I am Mr Ousman Diop(Bsc,Msc)the Auditor General of one of the prime banks here in Dakar Senegal,during the course of our auditing,I discovered a dormant account opened in our bank since 1999 and till date no body has operated on the account and after going through old files in the records,I discovered that the owner of the account died long ago in a plane crash along with his family without leaving a[His/WILL],hence the account remain dormant and if fund is not transfered urgently, it will be confisticated and return to the bank's or government treasury.

Therefore,with a personal conviction of trust and confidence,I wish to contact you as a foreigner,to stand as a relative because you share the same surname with the decease's,thus I can work out the release of the funds.No other person in the office knows about the account, please be assured of the risk free,I'm the one that will work it out,all I need is your cooperation because the account content can not be approved to an indigen here as his next of kin.

At the conclusion of this project, I propose a joint investment of an equal partnership to you or we may share it in a ratio of 45% for you and 55% for myself.One more thing please, don't consider this against moral justification,there are many other aspects of life we may contribute with this funds to help the less privileged and the needy in a society than having it shared as an unclaimed bill among Government PLEASE.

I look forward to your earliest response.

Yours Truly,

Mr Ousman Diop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you know, the biggest problem I have with this is that this Mr Ousman Diop didn't even read his phishing letter. I mean, if he offered say, $10,000,000 USD it would provide SOME incentive, but does he really think that $8.4USD would tempt me to do something immoral as to claim money that wasn't mine?! And given the cut it would mean I would be selling out for $3.78! The nerve! :-)

No comments: