Saturday, February 23, 2008

Reading List - 2008

Here is my current reading list for the rest of 2008. A bit late, should have had this up in January since I've finished a few already, but I guess better late than never. I'm leaving off the job-required readings and the course material for my MBA classes since those will be on an "as needed" basis and I can't really plan for what they will be. As with most lists, this will morph over time but at least I have a plan. Finished books will be noted by (x) so this creates a bit of a socialized responsibility as everyone reading this can note my progress (or lack thereof).

Fiction
Clarke, Childhood's End (X)
Dante, The Divine Comedy
Dick, The Man In The high Castle (X)
Dick, Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep (X)
Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Phillips, Gods Behaving Badly(X)
Stephenson, Snow Crash
Tolkien, The Hobbit


Social Science and Current Events
Bawer, While Europe Slept(X)
Frum, Comback: Conservatism That Can Win Again(X)
Goldwater, The Conscience of a Conservative
Postman, Amusing Ourselves To Death (X)
Smick, The World Is Curved
Steyn, American Alone
Sullivan, Same Sex Marriage: Pro and Con(X)

Science and Mathematics
Hester et al, 21st Century Astronomy (X)
Shilov, Elementary Real and Complex Analysis
Shilov, Elementary Functional Analysis

Philosophy and Religion
The Book of The Acts of the Apostles (with Commentary)
Blackburn, Truth, A Guide (X)
Eliade, The Sacred and the Profane
Frankl, Man's Search For Meaning (X)
Montaigne, Complete Essays

No comments: