Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Once More, With Feeling

Another year gone, another year come. It's already 2008. When I was much, much younger it seemed so far into the future. Now here I am, soon to be 45, near the end of the first decade of the 21st century. From my early "vibes" this will be an interesting year. I am approaching a "record" age (I'll write more on that when I turn 45). There is an old superstition that how things are at midnight on New Year's Day, that is how they will be for the year. So taking inventory on how things were at that time:

  • My bills were up to date and I had money left over
  • My house and yard were (relatively) clean (thanks to Mr. Beau)
  • I had friends who either called or texted me "Happy New Year"
  • Romeo was healthy and purring
  • My family was doing well
  • I had a job
  • I was healthy
  • I was happy
  • I was with someone who loves me

  • Not a bad start... and if that is the pattern for this year it looks like a good one.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I LOVE YOU!!!