Monday, September 29, 2008

Hawaii

Market tanks, dumb and dumber running for the top office in the country, family medical problems... can't take it right now so I thought I would post something to lighten the mood (well, my mood anyway).

The first hotel, Ala Moana. BEAUTIFUL property. Our room was an ocean view on the 28th floor:


It was wonderful... my beau literally took me. I didn't pay for air, hotel, sights... first time in my adult life this happened and he hit a home run (and raised the bar for my turn).

One of the first places he took me was someplace I always wanted to see, the USS Arizona Memorial:




Our activites included climbing Diamond Head (even have a certificate to prove it * grin *). This is a shot from the top of the mount looking back towards the hotel area:



We changed hotels to the Waikiki Grand Hotel literally across the street from the beach. This was a cool little hotel, recently remodeled and we got a nice little suite with again an ocean view. Here is the view from across the street from the hotel:



This place was really the "surfer side" of the hotel strip:



After the move we spent a day at the north shore. Here I am during our hike of Waimea Valley Park headed to the water fall:



Then there was the day we spent snorkling and relaxing at Hanauma Bay. This is a pick from the trail leading down to the beach area:



The time with my beau was magical, near perfect and far too short. But God willing we'll back back.

Aloha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your beau does spoil you. This beats the heck out of breakfast in bed. Where are you going to take him? Sorry about the family medical problems.

Anonymous said...

I was going to invite you over for lobster but it is probably not a good idea. :-(
Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

DUDE!

Even sun-phobic me wants to go now. :)

Also, the padlocks on the surfboards made me giggle.

-rw