Sunday, April 29, 2007

Spring/Summer Reading List

Well, it's that time of year when Borders starts putting out books that they recommend for summer reading. Of course, what they put out never looks like what I wind up reading. I've assembled my own reading list for what I hope to have completed by the end of summer. I've broken it down into various categories for unlike most summer reading programs I hope to have my be both enjoyable and applicable to some area of life:

Personal Growth:
  • Word Power, Fiske
  • Golden Men: The Power of Gay Midlife, Kooden
  • Letting Go Of The Person You Used To Be, Das
  • You Can Still Retire Comfortably, Stein
  • The Book of Acts

    Professional:
  • Information Technology Project Management, Schwalbe (for my project management certification)
  • Microeconomics, McConnell (for my MBA class)
  • Straight To The Top: Becoming a World-Class CIO, Smith

    Pleasure:
  • The Children of Hurin, Tolkien
  • The Forever War, Haldeman
  • Snow Crash, Stephenson

    (NOTE: This section seems a little light, but in three weeks I plan on joining a Sci-Fi book club, so I will be reading whatever they select... I'll keep you updated)

    So folks, that's my list as it stands. Now to find my glasses!
  • No comments: